AUGUST 2004 RECIPE
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE BED AND BREAKFAST [web site]
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375º. Prepare 12 muffin cups.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture by hand, until all ingredients are moist. Gently fold in blueberries by hand.
- Fill prepared muffin cups with batter and bake in preheated oven for 28 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Remove pans from oven, cool a few minutes before removing muffins, and serve with butter.
Makes 12 muffins
Back to Main Recipes List