This is a traditional must have at any Superbowl party. We’ve tried numerous recipes over the years, and this one has been our favorite. Enjoy!
BUFFALO WINGS RECIPE
- Vegetable, Canola, or Peanut Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce or Frank’s Red Hot Cayenne Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 20 chicken wing pieces or 10 chicken strips, thawed and patted dry
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Celery Sticks
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Put the wings or strips into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly. Put the wings in the refrigerator for 1 hour (this will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried).
- Combine the butter, hot sauce,ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Make sure you have enough oil to cover the wings entirely, at least 1-2″ deep. Fry the wings in the hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown. Do not overcrowd your oil with too many wings at a time or your oil will cool too quickly and the wings will not brown properly and will be greasier instead of crispier. Lift wings and drain on a wire rack for about 20 seconds.
- Quickly put the wings into a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.