|Chocolate Fudge Cake|
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Icing (below)
- Pecan halves
- Line bottom of 9″ springform pan with aluminum foil; butter foil and side of pan. Set aside.
- Combine ¾ cup melted butter, the sugar and vanilla in
large mixer bowl; beat well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Blend in cocoa, flour, oil and water; beat well.
Stir in chopped pecans.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or
until top begins to crack slightly. (Cake will not test done in
center.) Cool 1 hour. Cover; chill until firm. Remove side of pan.
- Prepare Icing at serving time. Cut cake into 12
slices, and place each slice on a serving plate. Pour ganache over each
slice of cake, allowing it to run down the sides of each slice. Garnish
with pecan halves.*
*You can pour the ganache over the entire cake and garnish with
pecan halves before slicing, and allow to cool, then slicing it at
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy or whipping cream
Combine chocolate chips and cream in small saucepan. Cook over
low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is
smooth; do not boil.