PEAR APPLE CRISP
|Pear Apple Crisp|
I love all kinds of fruit dishes, and in the winter there’s nothing better than a hot fruit dessert. I make lots of crisps and cobblers all year long actually. This one’s a great combo of pears and apples and is absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, Jonathon, or Greening, peeled,cored and sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. bourbon, applejack, brandy or apple cider
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp.unsalted butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pears, apples, lemon juice, bourbon, and vanilla. Transfer to a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, sugar ,
cinnamon and allspice. With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the
butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then stir in vegetable
- Spoon the mixture on top of the fruit. Bake 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and spoon some of the juice over the topping.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
All content in this blog © Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins