Buffalo Wings, they are a MUST for a Super Bowl Party, or New Year’s Eve Party! I ALWAYS make Buffalo Wings when we host parties for those events. I also make them sometimes when we host a BBQ, they always disappear fast! My hubby is pretty picky about his wings. I have found the best way to have crispy wings with a spicy sauce, and I’ll share that with you.
Tips for making the BEST Buffalo Wings:
- You need to season your wings and refrigerate them for at least an hour prior to cooking them. This will help the breading to stick to the wings
- Make sure your oil is HOT. Use a candy thermometer to make sure your oil is up to temperature.
- Only cook a small amount of wings at a time. I only cook 6 wings at a time in my deep fryer or dutch oven on the stove. Overcrowding and cooking too many at a time will drop the oil temperature and your wings will be greasier and soggy rather than light and crispy.
- Wait for the oil to come back up to temperature between cooking batches. If your oil isn’t hot enough you won’t get crispy wings.
- Sauce your wings and serve them right away. If you sauce your wings and wait to serve them the batter will soak up the sauce and they won’t be crispy for long. I tend to serve them as I make them (small batches at a time). If you want to make them ahead of time, as you make them, keep them in the oven on a rack on a cookie sheet in a single layer at 250°F, then sauce them right before you serve them.
Now cook those wings and be the hit of the party!
WATCH ME MAKE THESE BUFFALO WINGS LIVE HERE!
This recipe, and 499 others, can be found in our cookbook “Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins’ MORE Favorites Recipes” which can be purchased at our Gift Shop.
And if you’re looking for a Colorado getaway, check out our Cascade Luxury Suite at Rocky Mountain Lodge in the mountain community of Cascade, at Pikes Peak, near Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, and Green Mountain Falls.