I LOVE crepes in any way, shape or form! When we had the Bed and Breakfast I would make this egg dish for our guests. Not only does it look pretty, but they taste SO good!
A few tips about this dish:
- Here is the recipe for the Crepes, which can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Just take them out and bring them to room temperature before assembling.
- Crack your egg into a small bowl before pouring them into the crepe cups, it’s so disappointing when you break an egg in your crepe, that egg will end up well done.
- Make sure your oven temperature is correct. Invest in a cheap oven thermometer (about $6.00), it’s well worth it for anything you’re baking.
- If the crepes start to get too brown around the edges, cover them up with a layer of aluminum foil partway through baking to stop the browning.
- If you don’t like your yolk set and like it to ooze, take it out of the oven at about 13-15 minutes. It will continue to cook while you are doing your plating. Or if you’re going to eat them immediately, take them out of the oven about 15 minutes.
Click HERE to watch me make this dish LIVE!
This recipe, and 499 others, can be found in our cookbook “Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins’ MORE Favorites Recipes” which can be purchased at our Gift Shop.
And if you’re looking for a Colorado getaway, check out our Cascade Luxury Suite at Rocky Mountain Lodge in the mountain community of Cascade, at Pikes Peak, near Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, and Green Mountain Falls.