This decadent cheesecake is a family favorite that I have been making for years, and now my daughter makes it as well, it’s one of her favorite cheesecake recipes. I make this recipe every Easter, and here and there throughout the year as well. Don’t be intimidated by making your own cheesecake, they’re not as hard as you might think. Just follow the recipe and take each step one at a time, and the tips, and you’ll have a great dessert that everyone will rave about. Enjoy!
Here are some tips about making cheesecakes:
- Make sure your cream cheese and eggs are fully at room temperature.
- Don’t over-beat your cream cheese mixture. Just mix it until all of the lumps are out and it’s nice and smooth.
- Put a pan of boiling water on the rack below your cheesecake while you are baking your cheesecake. It will help prevent the top from cracking.
- When your cheesecake is done, it will still be pretty jiggly. Turn the oven off, crack the oven door open with a wooden spoon, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional 30 minutes, then take it out of the oven.
- When you take your cheesecake out of the oven, use a butter knife or spatula to go around the outside crust of the cheesecake to help prevent it from cracking as it cools.
- Cheesecakes are great served either cold or at room temperature. I like to take mine out of the fridge about 30 minutes or so before I serve them.
This recipe, and 499 others, can be found in our cookbook, Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins’ MORE Favorite Recipes, and can be purchased at our Gift Shop.
And don’t forget to check out our Cascade Luxury Suite at the Rocky Mountain Lodge for a perfect romantic getaway, or as a home base while exploring the Pikes Peak area, Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, and Cascade.